Wednesday, August 01, 2012
Repairing Flower Sticks
Today when I was making a hula hoop, I remembered that my 'flower sticks' were in dire need of repair. They were just falling apart and I didn't know why. So while I had all the tape out, I took them apart. The fringed ends had had a catastrophic glue failure. And while those ends are tacked down or nailed down in most versions, the version I bought was only glued. So my boyfriend thought Barge cement would do the trick. I'm pretty sure they are made out of vinyl. So while I wait 10 minutes for the cement to set before pressing the layers together, I thought I'm make a blog post. After the glue dries, I'll redecorate with colored electrical tape. Juggling equipment is expensive, so I believe in repairing things if possible before buying new. I've already gotten my money's worth out of these many times over and we already have Barge cement, so it's not going to cost me anything but time to fix them.